Liebert ITA is a full featured scalable UPS designed to provide long backup time for small computer rooms and network equipment. Using true on-line double conversion UPS technology, Liebert ITA provides high efficiency and reliability with 0.9 output power factor that can power 10-30% more load than other ordinary UPS. This UPS offers fl exibility with parallelable configuration and extended backup time with external battery cabinets.
|Features and Benefits
|Best in Class Efficiency
▪ Supports parallel operation up to 4 units
▪ Backup time can be prolonged through
cascaded connection or use of large
capacity battery bank
▪ Outstanding energy-saving performance
with more than 92% efficiency
▪ Input power factor of up to 0.99 with high
electric energy utility rate
▪ Extra-wide input voltage/frequency range
effectively reduces the discharging
period of battery; thus, prolonging battery
▪ Compatible with single-phase and 3-
▪ Optional strong charging capability
effectively reduces the battery recharging
▪ Double-conversion online design that
ensures continuous power even when the
main AC fails
▪ Supports N+X redundant mode up to 4
units for increased system reliability
▪ DSP full-digital control with high output
▪ Uses state of the art technology and
components to withstand fluctuation of
input main voltage
▪ Provides latest USB monitoring interface
▪ Optional WEB/SNMP card for remote
▪ Available in standard and long backup for
4-8 hours runtime. External charger is also
|Best Total Cost
▪ Up to 0.9 output power factor and can
power 10-30% more load than other
ordinary UPS, suitable for latest server
▪ Uses soft-wire parallel operation mode
without the need for complex parallel
subrack, allowing the user to save on
▪ High system efficiency, energy-saving and
low operational cost
▪ High power density allows the rack to have
a smaller footprint
▪ Standard two (2) years warranty
The Liebert ITA 5 Series is ideally suited for:
▪ Small computer rooms requiring long backup time (>30 minutes)
▪ Branch offices
▪ Network computers and peripherals
▪ Storage device
What's in the Box?
▪ Tower Stand
▪ Mounting Brackets
▪ USB Cable and Software
▪ User Manual
▪ Battery Connection Cable 2.5m (L model)
UPS Rear Panel
Run Time Chart
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Liebert ITA?
▪ Liebert ITA is a new On-Line Double Conversion UPS series targeting to long
backup and parallel requirement
▪ Liebert ITA is available in 5kVA, 10kVA, 16kVA and 20kVA. All models are with
How is Liebert ITA different from GXT2?
▪ Both Liebert ITA and Liebert GXT2 are double conversion on-line UPS, providing
best power protection
▪ Liebert GXT2/GXT3 are suitable for IT standand backup time (5 minutes w/
internal battery and 30 minutes with external battery cabinets)
▪ Liebert ITA is suitable for long backup time when large capacity battery bank is
used. External charger is also available to fast recharge.
What is Power Capacity of Liebert ITA?
▪ Liebert ITA 5kVA/4.5kW
▪ Liebert ITA 10kVA/9kW
▪ Liebert ITA 16kVA/14.4kW
▪ Liebert ITA 20kVA/18kW
What is difference between standard model and long backup model?
▪ The standard model and long backup model look similar. Both do not come with
battery. They may be connected with external battery cabinets (EBC).
▪ Long backup model has strong charger suitable for longer backup time and
▪ Long backup model is designed to connect to large capacity battery bank.
How many blocks of batteries are required for long backup models?
▪ Sixteen (16) blocks of 12V batteries are required for long backup models. The
higher the battery capacity (Ah), the longer the run time.
Are there receptacles available for Liebert ITA?
▪ There are only hard-wired terminals on UPS box.
▪ A battery cabinet rear-mountable/rack-mountable PDU is available.
▪ There are receptacles available on 1+1 or 3+1 POD in parallel connection.
What are needed for Parallel Operation?
1. Parallel cable - must
2. POD – highly recommended
Can battery cabinet or battery bank be shared in the parallel operation?
▪ Yes but only for 16/20KVA model
▪ 5KVA and 10KVA currently can not share the battery. A project to share the
battery in on the way. Expected completion is end of 2010.
Can Liebert ITA use Liebert Multilink software?
▪ No. Liebert ITA uses SiteMonitor software.
How many ITA units can be paralelled together?
▪ Liebert ITA 5KVA: up to 4 units in 15KVA +1
▪ Liebert ITA 10KVA: up to 2 units in 10KVA +1
▪ Liebert ITA 16KVA: up to 4 units in 48KVA +1
▪ Liebert ITA 20KVA: up to 4 units in 60KVA +1